PE and Sport Premium
Sports Funding explanation:-
Since September 2013 Primary Schools nationwide have been receiving funding to improve the provision of PE & Sport.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
As a school, we review our vision regarding the quality and breadth of PE; in addition to this review, we keep a log of how many Sports clubs are available to children, how many competitions the School enters and the amount of boys/girls that attend sports clubs.
We are highly committed to ensuring our pupils learn about the numerous benefits of living a healthy, balanced and active lifestyle. This has been strong focus after seeing the impact of Covid-19 and numerous lockdown on our children’s fitness levels and healthy lifestyles.
As a school, we aim to ensure:
- Class Teachers are receiving appropriate CPD in a variety of physical activities, raising the standard of teaching and learning in PE across the school.
- We continue to increase the amount of competitive opportunities for children in a number of Physical Activities.
- Every child has the opportunity to extend their learning in PE in a wide range of extra-curricular clubs.
- All teaching Staff utilise assessment opportunities and use this to inform future planning.
- Continue to help children focus on the benefits of leading a healthy, balanced and active lifestyle.
- Talented children are highlighted and challenged to become the best they can be
- SEN/PP children are also identified and planned into suitable activities, competitions and extra-curricular clubs where possible.
St Mary’s recognises the important role PE and Sport can play in developing children’s self-esteem, physical literacy and physical, social and mental health. We intend to continually self-evaluate our PE and Sports delivery to ensure the Funding allocated embeds School life in a sustainable manner.