School dinners are cooked fresh every day on the school premises and are served daily in the hall. The cost is £2.50 per day, £12.00 per week, and is payable in advance via our cashless payment system, ParentPay. You can simply login to your account and pay securely online or with cash via PayPoint (you will need a bar code letter from the school office).
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 they are entitled to a Universal Free School Meal every day. The pupil information form needs to be completed with parent's National Insurance or NASS number and date of birth.
Children of parents receiving any number of benefits could be entitled to a free school meal. Again, the pupil information form needs to be completed with parent’s National Insurance or NASS number and date of birth.
Children may bring sandwiches for lunch. Sandwiches must be brought to school in a lunch box (which is clearly labelled with the child’s name and class). In light of the Government’s healthy eating guidelines, we suggest that packed lunches contain the following healthy items:-
- A good portion of starchy food, e.g. wholemeal bread, chapatti, pitta pocket, pasta or rice salad.
- Plenty of fruit and vegetables, e.g. apple, satsuma, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks or a mini can of fruit chunks.
- A portion of lean meat, fish or alternative, e.g. chicken, tuna, egg or hummus.
- A portion of semi-skimmed milk or dairy food, e.g. a pot of yoghurt or an individual cheese portion.
- A drink, e.g. fruit juice, semi skimmed milk or water.
Children will bring home all their uneaten food so you can see what they have eaten at lunchtime.
Please also be advised that any snack provided for break time should also be a healthy snack such as fruit, carrot/cucumber sticks, an individual cheese portion etc.
Food Allergies and Intolerances
Please see below for a list of our food allergens relating to our menus. If you are unsure, please ask a member of the catering staff. Allergen contents are also displayed in the foyer and the dining room.